Before Laminate Installation
Here is what you can expect before your laminate installation with Floor Craft:
- We will walk you through the entire installation process before we begin. This is a good time to ask any questions that you might have.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done before we begin the installation.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on installation day.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room in question.
- Be prepared not to have access to the rooms where the installation is set to take place.
During & After Laminate Installation
Expect the following during our laminate installation process:
- Your existing flooring may need to be removed, and your subflooring may need to be prepared.
- The laminate planks may need to be acclimated to the temperature of the room.
- Your crew will trim door jams and install the underlayment.
- Some laminate floors will be connected using an interlocking system, "a floating floor," while others may require an adhesive. Depending on which installation method you choose, installation times may vary.
- The crew will then assess their work and clean up.
After your laminate installation, the following should take place:
- We will walk you through the installation and allow you to ask any questions that you might have.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Allow your floors and the materials to settle before walking across your laminate floors. At least 24 hours should pass before you use the flooring.
- Contact our team with any questions about your new laminate flooring.
Request a free flooring estimate or in-home measurement from your local flooring store!
One of our customer service representatives will get back to you as soon as possible. Have a great day!
Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields