Before Hardwood Installation
Here is what you can expect before your hardwood installation with Floor Craft:
- We will walk you through the entire installation process before we begin. This is a good time to ask any questions that you might have.
- Please ensure that children and pets are not present during installation day.
- Complete any painting that might need to be done before we begin the installation.
- Ensure that someone 18 or older will be present on installation day.
- Remove any furniture or fragile items from the room in question.
- Be prepared not to have access to the rooms where the installation is set to take place.
During & After Hardwood Installation
Expect the following during our hardwood installation process:
- Your existing flooring may need to be removed, and your subflooring may need to be prepared.
- For a glue-down hardwood installation, adhesives will be spread on your subflooring, and hardwood planks will be laid individually. Your crew will cut the hardwood pieces to fit the layout of the room while ensuring that no gaps exist.
- For a nail-down hardwood installation, a similar process will be followed as the glue-down installation, but instead, the crew will use nails instead of adhesive.
- Our crew will clean up and complete our QA.
After your hardwood installation, the following should take place:
- We will walk you through the installation and allow you to ask any questions that you might have.
- Run a fan to remove any installation-related smells.
- Allow your floors and the materials to settle before walking across your hardwood floors. At least 24-48 hours should pass before you use the flooring.
- Stay in touch with our team with any questions about your new hardwood.
Request a free flooring estimate or in-home measurement from your local flooring store!
One of our customer service representatives will get back to you as soon as possible. Have a great day!
Fill out the form below and we'll get back to you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields